Screw & reciprocating compressor inspectionsAn inspection can be completed in just one day.
By performing the annual RM inspection and by following our recommended maintenance methods, you can delay the recommended overhaul time -- such as for the Howden Compressor of the WRV/ WCV range -- to 80,000 or even 100,000 working hours.
During annual inspections we check:
- The pre-load on the thrust bearings
- The shape of the capacity slide valve
- The state of the guide block runway in the slide valve
- The capacity control (piston sealing and other sealing parts will be renewed)
- End clearing of the rotor/ main housing will be checked and adjusted if necessary
- The rotor facings on the discharge site
- Indications of white metal parts in the dead spots of the compressor
Oil analysis is also important; for example, water content and viscosity change would indicate oil breakdown or dilution. If you wish, we can examine the oil in your compressor unit.